21 Nov 2008

BCN WEEKEND



So once more I flew down to Barcelona, just like Julian is flying to Bali instead...

This time I went for a good saturday night eurogames party, then the usual Chaps on sunday, to see family on monday and celebrating Angel´s birthday on tuesday, which was a laugh!
Sunday was particularly good, blue skies, no clouds, my family was busy, my brother too, so I had the PERFECT SUNDAY one can have in a city like Barcelona.
First a stroll down to the Cathedral, where every sunday locals dance the Sardana, traditional catalan dance where everyone holds hands doing a circle. Music is provided by a live orchestra which we call La Cobla.

A bit further down into Ciutat Vella I stumble accross a Vintage Volkswagen Rally... the eldest models all on display in Plaça Sant Jaume:


And how about this spot for lunch: can one beat that? 12 euros for a hot ham and cheese sandwich (bikini) with fries and a nice cold beer!

I then headed to the harbour, to yet again see the boats up close and smell the Mediterranean.


Grimaldi Lines arrival direct from Genova, Italy.
And I saw this little bird take off from the harbour heliport, near the "rompeolas"

see ya soon, BCN!

No comments: