11 Nov 2008

BCN: SALÓ NÀUTIC - BOAT SHOW

sooo on this quick trip to Barcelona we had the opportunity to visit the Barcelona Boat Show. Well my friends... we were astonished to see the megayachts. We were not allowed to see them inside, you needed to book a visit with the company that owned the ship, and of course, one cannot afford such toy therefore we were too embarrassed to ask and pretend yes we´ll buy two of this please.
So seeing no possibilities and watching those young boys and girls looking really bored on the boats, probably thinking to themselves what the hell were we doing there... a ray of light came through when I jokingly said to one of the girls... "ah! so which one of these is yours?" she laughed (bingo!) and said they all belonged to the company she worked for. So I just enquired about the company and where was it based and then I dropped the question.. "so... can one visit the yacht inside?" she politely replied we needed to book with the man at the stand, and I politely replied that I really did not want to do that because, well, I didn´t think I was going to buy.... but that I would really love to see it inside as I have never been on board one of these megayachts. She said "oh.. wait a minute..." and ran to see the man. My heartpalpitations accelerated. I looked to my brother and said pray the Lord! 30 secs later she said... "follow me!" AND then I fell in love. (not with the girl!)
We went aboard the San Lorenzo SL88 TAURO. These are custom made yachts so no two are the same. We did not want to look too excited, so we did not take any pics inside, we followed her onboard... (Ana hit her head when coming back downstairs from the bridge hey! have you never been on a yacht before?). I am still dreaming about it. 4 luxury cabins, jacuzzi, flat screen TV everywhere, a zodiac, a jet ski, fab kitchen, huge fridge with ice at the press of a button, nespresso machine, swarovsky crystal lamps, sun deck,
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!


And trying to recover from it all, feet back on the ground, we decided we did not like the TAURO after all, we much preferred the TICKLED PINK. My charm did not work on this one though...



www.sanlorenzoyacht.com if you fancy one...
(watch the SL88 video on the web)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Un lujo nada asequible, solo esta permitido para algunos, tampoco me dan mucha envidia que digamos, pero apetece verlo y dejar volar la imaginación, jejejeje !!!!
is

I´m David said...

de verdad que es una pasada el interior. Premio al diseño. Atención al detalle. Quiero ver más! Parece ser que hay trabajos por ahi de tripulante de este tipo de barcos cuando los chartean o alquilan... imagino que a mis 37 ya soy un poco mayor para esto!

I´m David said...

detalle: estos barcos tienen unos potentes focos de luz azul por debajo que iluminan el mar de noche con un color azul sideral que es de muerte!

Anonymous said...

No te creas nunca se es mayor para ese tipo de trabajos, pero serias capaz de cambiar aviones por barcos..........

I´m David said...

pues dadas las circunstancias enel sector aéreo, no se descarta cambiar aviones pro barcos, aunque el futuro son los trenes! No he dedicado mucho espacio en mi blog a los trenes... uhm...