24 Aug 2009

AWFUL DAY AT WORK

What a day...

Not feeling very good at the moment, is it a midlife crisis? After all, am nearly 40!
Anyway... back from my trips really concentrating into work these days, and that drains me.

How awful a day can be, when:
My boss wants me to host his boss and show him around the offices and where we work. Hurrah! I have been trusted to do that job, my golden opportunity to impress, not only my boss, but also the boss of the bosses! Sooo cool. But there is a drawback. Should I be open and sincere and show him everything or should I be politically correct and hide some of the annoying facts and act like if they didn´t exist...

I opted for the first one, so ooops now I am worried I may have spoken too much.

After the boss boss left, I had to deal with one of my employees, I had to give him an appraisal and tell him how STRONG a woker he is... hurrah!

Until ooops... the guy is not happy and he does not believe at all he is strong, he is actually excellent/outstanding... how dare I rate him so low. God. It´s only a job, 8 hours of your day, but hey, the guy was really angry at me.

I then was told that our Chairman (higher up than my boss´s boss) is coming around... hurrah! It´s always nice to shake hands with the hierarchy no? No. Not always. Especially when something goes wrong and now the guy expects a full report asap on his desk.

As if all these were not enough, I ended up the day going to a job interview within the company to move up as a business manager rather than an operational shift manager. And I realised after such a long day I never had time to prepare. Not a bit.

I mean, honestly, how can I sleep at night??

ps. the interview went ok... results next week.

4 comments:

julian said...

ok, thats work dealt with, now we need an update on your love/tomateo/M.O. life.

And enough about those annoying posting of random peoples eyes!
Irrelevant!

I´m David said...

no updates on the other... life is pretty boring.

and sorry for the eyes, I too want pictures of CULOS but you will understand...

...

Susana said...

jajajaja! irrelevant! what is M.O.?

I´m David said...

see

http://david-on-earth.blogspot.com/2008/02/mo.html

posted february 2008

saludos de Londres... sorry I missed you on your transfer!
Nos veremos por España?

xx