8 Jun 2009

GONE ALL TECH: WIDGETS, FLIGHTTRACKER AND THE JAPANESE MAGLEV


Well I have been very tech this past two days:

WIDGETS: go to http://widgets.yahoo.com and discover the world of widgets... well apparently these have existed for a while but I have only just come accross them! my favourites are facebook, world clock, the weather and my to-do calendar! They are shown on the screen permanently so you don´t have to open a window and sign in or anything... they are always there, on your desktop. I love them!



FLIGHT TRACKER: http://www.flightstats.co.uk allows you to track flights. So you enter the flight number and date and it will bring up all the information about times and a map showing where the flight is at that moment... now it doesn´t seem to work very well for long haul flights specially out of the US but I am impressed!

THE JAPANESE MAGLEV is a prototype magnetic train that reaches more than 580km/h speeds... that is very fast (considering planes fly at an average 800-900 km/h!)

check it out:






No comments: