6 Jun 2009

DAY OFF IN LONDON

So, after so much work work work I can´t complain I have also had my fair share of time off. I have gone up to Soho and I am gutted to think that I should really get out more. I haven´t been up to town lately and I truly forgot what London is all about.
London is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, there is a vast variety of people that makes this city unique. I am amazed also at the lots of people who actually dress up to walk around town. Everybody is minding their own business, beautiful people, different people, streets are buzzing, pubs are full from 3.30pm, and especially if its a sunny day -we have some of those- the pub is empty and everyone is drinking outside!

My time in London today was very enjoyable and in very good company, albeit I never got the stolen kiss I was hoping for. But I saw people I hadn´t seen in a long while, I bumped into Shaun and Pepe, I saw Jone and Juanvi, and had a bite to eat with Matt at a new Madeiran restaurant we´ve just discovered! Matt gave me some buscuits he got for me in Brussels and gaiety´s from Australia, I have had tea at Matt´s too, his place is fabulous, right in the middle of Vauxhall and it made me feel bad that I am living outside London...

And I don´t know if its normal, but it happened to me that, when at Matt´s, I felt totally clueless and ignorant to many things art, music and modern technology... He played beautiful songs by Cesaria Evora, a famous singer from the Cape Verde Islands. This from iTunes in his mac laptop wireless attached to an airrouter something so the music comes through the hifi system loudspeakers...(How?) and all whilst he tells me how he brought his aboriginal art paintings on the walls all the way from Australia. I feel bad.

good night everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A veces nos olvidamos que tenemos que vivir y disfrutar la vida. Solo pensamos en trabajar y trabajar, pero hay algo mas y es VIVIR!!!!!, para que quieres trabajar tanto si no VIVES? Ya sabes a pasear mas por Londres ya que tienes esa suerte de tenerla ahí, algo que yo añoro muchisimo. Me encanta Londres, pero no puedo ir tanto como quisiera, así que aprovecha tu ya que la tienes.